I had a chance yesterday to see the new Panasonic KXNT400 Touchscreen IP Telephone, and all I have to say is WOW! This amazing unit isn't your average desk phone! First off, it just looks really cool:
Immediately, your eye is drawn to the 5.7 inch touchscreen on the phone that provides one-touch, easy navigation to multiple feature options, from a contacts screen, to a chat screen, to a camera screen to view up to 20 Panasonic IP cameras, among others. I was amazed at the ease of use and amount of information and functionality right at your fingertips.
Main Screen - Users can access many key features from the Standby screen including presence settings, call forward settings, do not disturb mode (DND), time display, voicemail, new message waiting, missed calls, feature key, application lock, ringer off setting, mute, speakerphone and Bluetooth® module.
Contact Screen - Make it easy to contact people, with key features including search for a contact, make a call, start chat, dial by 12 keys, add, edit and delete a contact. Users have three options to enter information, either with the software keyboard on the screen, the 12 keys on the phones keypad or the optional USB keyboard.
Calls Screen - The Calls screen shows currently connected calls and provides functions that can be used for each call, depending on the call status. These functions include record a call, make a conference call, park a call and transfer calls.
Call Log Screen - The Call Log Screen provides incoming, outgoing and missed call log functions. The key features available from this screen include making a call from the incoming, outgoing and missed calls log, add a contact to the Personal Directory, display details of contacts and view saved images from a network camera.
Camera Screen - The Camera Viewer screen works with a network camera from Panasonic’s KX-HCM or BL-C Series. Users can access many key features from this screen, such as zoom, tilt and pan, view preset, touch and centring, door phone and door opener, still picture recording and viewing, directory integration and register and delete network cameras.
Chat Screen - The Chat Screen allows users to send and receive text based messages. There is the option to use the software keyboard or the 12 keys on the phones keypad for entering alphanumeric characters. The Chat Screen allows users to store up to 2000 messages.
Portal Screen - The Portal Screen allows users to access the internet from the phone’s touch screen and navigate with a stylus pen. Key features include a home button, pull down menu for up to 50 URL’s and make calls from the Portal Screen.
Options Screen - The Options Screen provides setting and maintenance features for the user and administrator. User options allow users to change key features, such as their password, display, call alert pop-up, dial number and language. Administrator option features allow administrators to access the network, directory server (LDAP), dial modification, maintenance and programming.
Additional features include:
- 48 Self Labelling Programmable Soft Keys - For easy call handling.
- Easy Navigation Key - A large, easily accessible navigation key allows fast, one touch access to multiple phone system functions. The ergonomically designed navigation key makes it easy to go through phone system feature menus.
- Bluetooth Module - For effortless wireless headset communication.
- 2nd Ethernet Port - Helping your business save costs and reduce desktop clutter by allowing connection from the phone to a PC, rather than the added cost of two cables back to the network switch.
- Built-In Headset Jack - For easy connection of wired headsets for handsfree communication.
- Power Over Ethernet (POE) - Allows for easy installation, as POE enables data and electrical power to be transmitted over a single Ethernet cable, rather than two separate cables.
This telephone set is downright incredible! Call or email Key Communications today to schedule a demo or for more information.