Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Have Neck/Back Pain or Headaches After Work? Headset Benefits VALIDATED!

Are you a headset user?  SHOULD you be a headset user?  If you are having neck, back, hip, leg pain or frequent headaches, it might not be "just stress", it could be your telephone use!  In my many, many years of retail and office telephone use I have discovered one thing... headsets really DO work.  I spent lots of years (and lots of money) at my chiropractor getting adjustments when my neck or back would go out.  Then I started noticing a pattern, my neck would always go out in the same spot, and it was usually after a high-volume phone week.  I had never been a headset fan in the past, but decided to give it a try to see if it made any difference.  To my amazement, the change was all but immediate!  I started out with a simple wired headset with a Quick Disconnect so it was easy to detach and go if I needed to leave my desk and graduated to a wireless headset within a year for total freedom.  I cannot say enough about how not only this increased my productivity, but also improved my health.  No more missed days because I couldn't move my head or walk, no more smashing headaches at the end of every day, and all because of this simple little earpiece. 

And now Plantronics commissioned H.B. Maynard & Company to do a random study on the benefits of headset use in the workplace, and the results mimic my own personal experience.  Some excerpts of the study:
Results from a commissioned study conducted at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose, CA, provide, for the first time, strong evidence that office workers can reduce neck, shoulder and upper back muscle tension as much as 41% by using headsets.
In the course of the three-month study, 62 people (33 women and 29 men), ranging from 20 to 63 years old, were involved in tests that evaluated the various levels of muscle tension resulting when office workers engage in other tasks while using the telephone.
Neck and upper back muscle tension is one of the most common ailments of office workers today. This new evidence now confirms Plantronics Headsets as a cost-effective, preventative solution for office workers.
The H.B. Maynard & Company study, also commissioned by Plantronics, first confirmed that headsets improve workplace efficiency and productivity as much as 43%. These new study results, combined with the results from the Maynard study, prove without a doubt, the benefits of headsets in today's demanding work environment. Employers and employees alike will benefit from using headsets, from lower medical costs to happier, more productive workers.


To read the entire study from Plantronics, click HERE to go to the PDF.  For more information on headsets for your system, contact Key Communications, or see the different models available at www.key-comm.com.  Get your headset today and save your health!